- Aviva Community Fund open for applications for 2020 round (apply by 11 February 2020)
The Aviva Community Fund, set up by insurer Aviva, has announced its criteria and funding pot for 2020. Small charities are invited to bid for a maximum of £50,000 each and funding will total £1m throughout the year. They will be expected to use this funding to “drive long-term sustainable success” and “make a life-changing impact”.
Alongside this funding, they have announced that they will provide digital and data support for charities through its digital Knowledge Library. Applications are open until 11 February 2020. You can find out more and apply here
- UnLtd Thrive Accelerator fund (apply by 31 January 2020)
UnLtd has announced a new Thrive Accelearator fund help ambitious social ventures to grow. The fund will support 25 social ventures each year in two areas:
- Improving access to employment for those distant from the labour market
- Developing products and services for an ageing society.
The programme combines six months of intensive support with the opportunity to secure investment of up to £50,000 for your social venture, either through UnLtd or their partners. Applications close on 31 January 2020. Find out more and apply here.
- Active Communities
Local groups and organisations with great ideas to make their communities even better places to live are invited to apply for funding to turn their ideas into reality. Active Communities is a funding programme for community groups and not-for-profit organisations, with an income of less than £350,000 a year or an average of £350,000 over two years, seeking investment of between £5,000 and £40,000 for projects lasting up to two years. We’re looking for small and local projects, genuinely designed and run by local people. By small, we mean just a small group of people on an estate, in a few streets or villages. These ideas could be based in one neighbourhood, or cover a wider area, but they must live close enough to each other to meet up regularly.
We’re also looking for great ideas from communities of interest. By this we mean a group of people who have things in common and wish to come together to address something that is important to them. These ideas could be based in one neighbourhood, or cover a wider area.
Applying couldn’t be easier. It’s an online process with a step by step guide from start to finish. Please note that to make sure our funds are distributed equitably, sometimes we will restrict the areas that are eligible to apply. Using money raised by society lotteries through The Health Lottery, Active Communities is currently open in the following areas:
- Health Lottery South West – January 2020 – Applications are now open in parts of Cornwall, North Somerset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole and will close on 12 February at 1.00pm.
Active Communities is opening soon in the following areas:
- Health Lottery West Midlands – March 2020 – We will be opening in parts of Walsall, Dudley, East Staffordshire, Wychavon, Malvern Hills, South Staffordshire and Stratford on Avon.
- Health Lottery North East and Cumbria – April 2020 – Specific areas to be confirmed.
- Health Lottery Yorkshire and Humber – May 2020 – Specific areas to be confirmed.
Please note that these are our planned openings but due to the nature of how we get our funding, these openings are subject to change. Find out more