National restrictions begin in England today – 5 November 2020. To find out about the restrictions and what you can or cannot do visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november
Under the restrictions, library services must close their buildings for general public access but are allowed to operate these services:
- Home Library Service (doorstep delivery, no-contact service)
- School Library Service (doorstep delivery, no-contact service)
- Order & Collect services (may take place inside the library, as close to the entrance as possible)
- Access to PCs for essential purposes
- Digital and remote services including eLending, online events and activities and keep in touch calls
- Digital access to public services, including the UKVI visa application service.
These services must be managed in COVID secure ways and subject to full risk assessment as set out in the updated Services Recovery Toolkit from Libraries Connected, available HERE. The Service Recovery Toolkit has been prepared in consultation with Public Health England (PHE) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Updated 05.11.20.
Visit Libraries Connected Website for other very useful information and resources.